The Journal is pleased to accept submissions from members of the legal and scientific communities with experience and insights into issues at the intersection of the Law and Technology. Submissions should be within the range of 10 to 45 pages and should use standard bluebook citation form.
Submissions may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org as an attached Word or WordPerfect document. Please also attach the author's resume and, if available, an abstract of the article.
In an effort to better inform our understanding of the field from the author's perspective, we ask that authors submitting articles to us kindly mention how they decided to submit to our journal in particular. A sentence or two to that end would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you for your interest in the Virginia Journal of Law & Technology.
Although adherence to the formatting guidelines is not required, it is encouraged. It makes our job much easier, and therefore it makes us much happier to receive your submission.
• Font: Times New Roman, Size 12 (Size 10 for footnotes).
• Margins: Top = 1.01"; Left = 1.25"; Right = 1.25"; Bottom = 1.00"
• Paragraphs: Single spaced lines, 12 pt. spacing before and after paragraphs, first line indented 0.15", alignment justified.
• Headings: Bold and small-caps. 18 pt. spacing before, 12 pt. after. Subheadings should be indented 0.5" per level (e.g. H1 = 0.0", H2 = 0.5", H3 = 1.0", etc.)
• Block quotes: 6 pt. spacing before, 0 pt. after. Indent left and right 0.5".
You can download a .doc file of an article formatting template here which most word processors should be able to open.